Monday, May 21, 2007

Chile Verde Quote Response #7

p. #165

"You must remember, it wasn't that long ago we stopped cooking with Crisco."

I found this quote to be very interesting. Throughout this story he repeatedly says you must remember. I believe that keeps saying it because the things he talks about are things commonly forgotten or not realized. The Crisco thing I found interesting too because it is one of those things he uses that has no connection with the story at all. I think he is stating that whatever he is talking about is something new to them.

p. #163
"or like when I stood up at St. Anthony's and my pantalones had eaten themselves into my cuchi-cuchi and everyone in the back rows, especially Dona Aguado, La Catolica, looked at it. Like that."

This whole segment was interesting because it took past experiences that were embarassing or bad, and made light of him. What he is saying is that in the end, you will laugh at it, even if it seems awful when it happens. The continual use of spanish throughout his poems is also interesting.

No comments: